Considering a tooth extraction in Saskatoon? Your dentist will work with you to help save any teeth, but in the event that a tooth needs to be removed, you are in good hands at Wheatland Dental in Saskatoon.
Most common reasons for extractions:
- Decay – when a tooth is decayed beyond the point of being saved, the only option is to remove it before it causes more issues to occur. Think you need a dental extraction? Schedule your appointment.
- Pre-Orthodontics – in some cases of orthodontics, a tooth or teeth may need to be removed in order to allow for enough room for orthodontic treatments to work effectively.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal Saskatoon – the most common type of extraction. Wisdom teeth are leftover from an ancient time when we needed more teeth to grind our food. With narrower jaws and softer foods in our diet, the wisdom teeth often cause more harm than good and often a recommendation is made to have the wisdom teeth extracted. Wondering if you need wisdom teeth removal? Schedule your wisdom tooth extraction consultation today!
Saskatoon Tooth Extraction Aftercare
After a dental extraction, it is very important to follow your dentist’s aftercare instructions. Here are some helpful tips to speed up your recovery:
- The initial goal is to help the clot form. Do so by biting down on gauze for about 30 minutes. If the clot has not fully formed or is still bleeding, swap out for fresh gauze and bite down again for 30 minutes.
- Avoid creating suction in the mouth, so no drinking through a straw and no smoking cigarettes. This can dislodge the clot and create a very bad condition.
- Avoid exercise and vigorous activity for the first 24 hours
- Avoid hot and crunchy foods and instead, eat soft foods like yogurt or enjoy your recovery with some ice cream.